Monday, December 2, 2013

Eleanor's Bitch Sister......

Ford Purists sometimes turn up their noses, but I always liked the 1971-73 Mustangs, mainly because of Action Movies when I was a kid. Sean Connery led the baddies on a great chase through Las Vegas in the Bond flick "Diamonds Are Forever" if a red '71 Mach 1 fastback. Bikini clad Jill St John got my attention too. Then Jan-Micheal Vincent had a red '72 Mach 1 that was blown up in the finale of  the Charles Bronson classic "The Mechanic". And who could forget "Eleanor" the Yellow 1973 Mach 1 that H.B. Halicki piloted through 90 minutes of automotive mayhem in the original "Gone in 60 Seconds?"  I saw one on a Mustang website that-I'd sell my soul for-if I had any left to sell-( the Judge, two Trans-Ams, two Harleys, two Venturas, and the Hurst / Olds took most of it ) Any how this was a '71 Boss 351 with a 4-speed and 3.91 gears. It was red with black stripes and a blacked out hood and black front and rear spoilers. It had 17" American Racing Torq-Thrust mags shod with 275 / 40ZR17 Falken rubber all the around for maximum handling traction, although the seller said he had the original 15" Magnum 500s shod with 235 / 60R15 BFG T/A's for show duty as well. If you don't know-the Boss 351 had 11.3:1 compression, a hot solid-lifter cam, and an aluminum high-rise intake . This bumped output from the standard 351CJ's 285 hp to 330. Right off the showroom floor they'd run 13 second 1/4 miles and except for maybe a Pontiac Trans-Am handled better than anything else on the planet. Until the current Boss 302 debuted in 2011 this was arguably the best balanced Mustang ever. Yes, I know 428CJ Mach 1s are quicker in the 1/4 but their so nose-heavy that they corner like a UPS truck. No, the Boss 351 is like Jule's Wallet from "Pulp Fiction"- it has "Bad Mot$#%cker" written all over it. Or as I would call it-Eleanor's Bitch Sister. I want one. Except their were only 1,806 ever made and they usually sell for $40,000  on up. The guy wanted $58,000 for this one. Bummer. However.....On the same Website I saw a red an black 1972 Mach 1 with the 266 hp 351CJ, a 4-speed and 3.50:1 gears for $12,900!!!  I have a guy that's supposed to buy the H / O. If that happens, I could buy the Mach 1, add some aluminum Edelbrock heads and Performer RPM intake, a hot Crane Cam, some headers, some 16" Center Lines with 245 / 50 ZR16 Comp T/A's.....I think I'll call her "Priscilla".....anyone that cheats on Elvis is a Queen Bitch badder than the Mama in "Aliens".  Much more appropiate than "Eleanor". I might have some soul left to sell after all......Or not. But we all have some unattainable bitch we fantasize about. Mine is 41 years old and weighs 3,400 lbs.....Mastermind

No comments:

Post a Comment