Saturday, August 13, 2011

Like Coach Ditka says-"Come on Man!"

I'm sorry to be so negative regarding Hot August Nights this year, but I can't help it. My local newspaper wins the ultimate stupidity award today. All week they've been featuring a "Car of the Day" that some reporter saw at various HAN events. I already gave my opinion of the alleged $100,000 67 Mustang they featured a few days ago. Todays "Car of the Day" was a 1960 VW Bus / Pickup truck!!  WTF??!!!  How did they determine that?  Ever since 1986 when Hot August Nights was founded it's been lauded as a celebration of American hot rods and rock and roll. The key word being "American".  So let's walk past tons Chevy, Ford and Mopar classics, and make a German econobox the "Car of the day". And again, someone said the cost to build the truck would 80 grand!!  For a 50 year old Volkswagen?!! Like Ditka says on ESPN- "Come on, Man!!"  Mastermind     

No comments:

Post a Comment