Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Get off this "Brand Loyalty" of "This rules and everything else sucks......You might be pleasantly surprised!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again-If I see one more Dodge Pickup with "Calvin"-( of the Comic strip " Calvin&Hobbes" ) pissing on a Chevy Bow-Tie emblem or a Camaro with a "Friends don't let friends drive Fords" bumper sticker, I'm going to ram the driver with my old Buick. My dad was a Pontiac guy and so am I. Yes,- If I had an unlimited bankroll-I'd have a Ram Air IV Judge or an SD-455 Trans-Am. In reality-I'll probably buy another Disco-era T/A ( '77-79 ) and put Edelbrock heads and other goodies on it that's more in line with my current finances. Or maybe buy a '69-77 Gran Prix or a '71-74 Ventura and play with that. But I'm not limited to Pontiacs. I'd love to have a '67-68 Cougar. I think that's one of the coolest cars Ford ever put out. Or a '71-73 Mustang Mach 1. Buddies of mine had those in high school and I have fond memeories of them both. I'd also love to have a '70 "Vanishing Point" Challenger. I can't afford an original Hemi or 440 car-but I bet I could find a 318 version fairly cheap and swap in a snarling 360 or 360 based 408 stroker!!  I'd like to have a '71-74 AMC Javelin AMX. That body still looks cool even today-there are millions of Jeep Grand Wagonneers in junkyards with 360 V8s-and Edelbrock even offers aluminum heads for them. I'd do one red,white and blue with Minilite wheels and sidepipes like Mark Donohue's Championship car. I also like some imports. I'd love to restore a '70-78 Datsun 240 or 280Z. I'd love to have a '70-76 Porsche 914. A new Subaru WRX will blow the doors off 90% of the Musclecars out there-they do 0-60 in just over 5 seconds and the 1/4 in the high 13s. Ditto for a Nissan 370Z. Like Vin Diesel said to Gal Gadot-in "F&F 4" when she caught him looking under the hood of the bad guys Torino-"You like that car?" "I like a fine body no matter what brand it is."  Were all gearheads and were all fighting the good fight against the government and the EPA that want to crush all cars built before 1981. Which includes a friend's 1958 Ferarri Testa Rossa!!  So open your mind and you may be surprised at your next "Dream Car!" Mastermind  

No comments:

Post a Comment