Saturday, October 11, 2014

All I need now is a Megabucks win.....

A buddy that works in a Ford dealer let me drive a 2014 Stage 3 Roush Mustang. They wanted $67,000 for it, and I'd say it's worth every penny if I had that kind of bucks. It had the "Aluminator" 5.0 Coyote engine with the Supercharger-675 hp!!. It also had special sway bars, springs and shocks, and Roush even worked with Cooper Tires, developing special tires. The car is like driving a Nascar stocker with air conditioning and more comfortable seats. Roush claims 4.0 seconds 0-60-and I believe it-except it would be quicker if you weren't frying the tires all the way through 2nd gear!!  You can't take off and not fry the tires. If you slip the clutch and hit it 20 feet out, you fry the tires. It's Jule's wallet from Pulp Fiction. Once you get traction-it's a rocket. Its only a couple tenths faster than the 435 hp GT model in the 1/4 but that's because of traction problems. From 60-100 and from 100 to 140 the difference is like 10 car lengths!!  I'd put this bad boy up against anything from a rolling 20-Z06 'Vettes, Nissan GTR's, Porsche 911s-It's that powerful. And if you had a set of drag radials-I'd put it up in a drag race. And the exhaust system-it's loud-but it's the sweetest sound for a gear head, and except for a NASCAR pit, or a truck pull where someones running a Rat Motor on alchohol-you won't hear anything that sounds more badass. Sadly-for 2015 Roush is offering appearance and handling packages for the 4cyl ecoboost,the V6, and the "5.0"-but no engine mods yet. Hopefully they'll add the blower option mid-year. And hopefully I hit a big Keno ticket or a Megabucks slot jackpot. If I do-that Bad, blue Roush is coming home with me, and I can give the finger to my neighbor who has a Boss 302 and a Pantera....Mastermind    

No comments:

Post a Comment