Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I have met the baddest mofo on the planet...And his number is Z06.....

A friend of my dad's came to visit yesterday and he was driving a 2016 Z06 Corvette. Of course he let the old man and me and my brother take it for a spin. 650 hp and 650 lbs ft of torque. This is far and away the fastest, most powerful car I've ever driven. It would suck up and spit out a 600hp Nissan GTR or a 674 hp Roush Mustang. I know, because I've driven them too. Their startlingly fast, but they pale in comparison to the Z06. I hit it going up a freeway on ramp, and it went sideways at 40 mph. I waited until I was going 70 on a long straight stretch of freeway. I floored it, and the car SPUN the tires for ten feet and rocketed to 120 mph before I could blink or let off the throttle!! You look at the gas pedal at any speed and it rips the tires and rockets to waaayyy over the speed limit. The brakes are like a Formula One car. You have to learn a light touch, or you'll put yourself through the windshield. No matter how fast your going, you can stop instantly. The handling is in another league. Put the suspension in sport mode, and it's firm, but not bone-jarring, and it's like driving a big go-kart. It responds right now to the slightest driver's input. And unlike a Porsche 911 Turbo which doesn't suffer fools lightly-it's a forgiving car. Let off the gas or inadvertandtly hit the brakes in a turn and it just slows down. No histrionics or end-swapping as the suspension unloads. A moron could drive this car and look like the long-lost Andretti brother. GM hit it out of the park with this one. If I bought one I'd have to get a personalized liscence plate. It would be simple. KNG KONG. Anyone who thinks I'm exaggerating-go test drive one and then talk crap. Like Clint says-"Go Ahead, Make My Day." Mastermind    

No comments:

Post a Comment