Saturday, February 9, 2013

I'm sorry if some people can't accept irrefutable facts.....

Guys we've got to get over this one brand is great and everything else sucks mentality. If I see another bumper sticker of Calvin ( of the cartoon "Calvin and Hobbes" ) pissing on a Chevy or Ford emblem, I'm going to vomit. I personally like Pontiacs-I've had 2 GTOs, 2 Trans-Ams, a Firebird Esprit, a LeMans, and 2 Venturas over the years. I've also had 2 SS396 El Caminos, a '72 Monte Carlo, a Camaro, a Hurst / Olds, a '66 Mustang GT, and '83 Mustang GT, a '68 Charger and a '70 Charger. I'd like to find a '67-68 Cougar with a 390, and I'd love to find a '70 or '71 Challenger or 'Cuda with a 383. I'd love a '71-73 Mustang with a 351C, and I'd love to have a '71-74 Javelin AMX with a 360 or a 401. When I buy my next musclecar it will probably be a Disco-era T/A or Z/28 Camaro mainly because I have both a complete 428 Pontiac engine and a 350 Chevy ZZ4 crate engine in my garage. I can admit that. But I can still appreciate a cool car no matter who built it, and If I find a screamin' deal on a '68 Cougar, or a '70 Challenger, then those engines will sit in my garage a little longer. Unless I find an '80 or 81 T/A with a 305 Chevy in it, in which case the ZZ4 would bvolt right in... Or a '74 Ventura with a 350 Pontiac in which case the 428 would bolt right in and make a wicked fast sleeper....Yes, sometimes us gearheads have the attention span of a gnat. But I don't get offended when someone says Pontiacs blow up if you run them over 6,000 rpm-they do!!  So other people shouldn't get offended if I say that most '60's Mopars have rust problems, or that FE Ford engines leak oil, because they do!!! And I don't care if you don't consider A '70's T/A, or an '80's 5.0 Mustang, or Buick Grand National a "real" musclecar or not. They were THE FASTEST cars available at the time. And if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have 400 hp Mustangs, Camaros and Chargers today. They carried the torch in the darkest days, and taught the automakers that performance car buyers didn't go away, the automakers stopped making cars they wanted to buy. Sp spare me the letters on how your Buick GSX could beat a Hemi 'Cuda or your Six-Pack Road Runner can beat an LS6 Chevelle, or your 428 Mustang can beat a GTO or whatever. Their all great cars, and all musclecar owners have to stick together to fight legislation that wants to outlaw our beloved treasures. Mastermind    

No comments:

Post a Comment