Thursday, May 9, 2013

What the hell do you people want?

I said earlier-I'm trying to sell my beloved Hurst / Olds 442. It's a 1973 model one of 1,097 ever made. It has the original paint, original swivel bucket seats, the original Hurst Dual / Gate shifter, the original owner's manual and the original spare. The body is virgin- I'm the third owner and it's never been wrecked or painted and it's rust-free being an original Nevada car. It currently has a ZZ4 Chevy crate motor and Chevy bolt-pattern TH400 in it. I advertised it for 13 grand with both engines or for 9 grand with the original numbers-matching 455 Olds and TH400 tranny because I wanted to put the Chevy crate engine in another car. I had a guy who said he was really serious. I said I'd take six grand for the car but he'd have to put the Olds engine and tranny back in himself. He said he'd pay $7,500 if I'd put the Olds drivetrain back in it. I said I would if he'd send me a $1,000 deposit, that I didn't want to change engines and trannys and then him change his mind and not show up. He never called me back or tried to negotiate further. Like the Tom Cruise movie- "Show me the money". Screw you-I'm supposed to pull two engines and trannys because you might want to buy the car?  I'll set the the goddamn thing on fire before I'll sell it for less than $6,000. Where are you going to find a numbers-matching original one of 1,097 Hurst / Olds that's never been wrecked or painted, with original swivel buckets, dual / gate shifter and digital tach for $6,000? When people are paying $50,000 for "clone" Judges?  Excuse my language- but fuck you and die. You whine about not finding a "Deal". Puhleezze. Mastermind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment