Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Diamond in the rough?....

Stopped by a used car lot the other day and looked at a 1992 Lincoln LSC MKVII. That's the car Car and Driver called "A 5.0 Mustang in a Tuxedo." It was black with black interior. The Recaro seats were flawless, it had new 16" Michelin radials on it, and it ran like a champ. I know, because I test-drove it. The A/C blew cold, the moonroof worked, and it laid 8-10 feet of rubber when it shifted to second under full-throttle acceleration. It was exceptionally well-maintained. And the asking price was only $2995!! I may try to steal it-I'll see if they'll take 2 grand cash., or maybe even $2,500. I'm not even a Ford guy, and this car is so nice that I may buy it for a driver. ( My Buick is on it's last legs ). The point I'm making is- every once in a while, you run across a screaming bargain. And if your smart, you'll grab it. Or it'll fall under those could've, would've, should've stories. I'll let you know if I get it or not. But I wanted to let everyone know that there's stuff like that out there, you just have to find it. Like My Hurst / Olds that's one of 1,097 ever made that's never been wrecked or painted, that has the numbers-matching 455 on a stand and a $5,000 400 hp Chevy crate engine in it, that I can't sell for $7,500. Contact me thru this site if you want the H / O. Mastermind  

No comments:

Post a Comment