Wednesday, February 18, 2015

For the last time.....I don't hate LS motors,,,,I just don't think they should be put in stuff like a numbers-matching Judge!!!!

Some smart-ass sent me a snotty email yesterday challenging me to a race for pinks and spewing venom responding to a post I made in 2012. That's right-three years ago-I said I was sick of seeing people putting LS motors into stuff like a one of 1.286 1972 455HO Trans-Ams, or butchering a pristine, numbers matching, 4-speed, SS396 by swapping in an LS engine and an automatic. I said then-and I'll say it now-no one gives a shit if you want to stuff an LS engine into a beater '68 Tempest, or one of the 243,000 Camaros built in 1969. But don't do it to a one of 3,797 1970 GTO Judges ( I've seen this exact swap in a magazine!!!) or One of the 602 '67 Z/28's ever built. That's all I was saying. If you were a motorcycle enthusiast would you swap a fuel-injected Harley Twin-Cam engine out of a 2011 Softail into a '47 Panhead? Or a Fuelie Buell engine into a 1965 Sportster? Or a 4-cylinder Honda Hurricane sportbike motor into a pristine 1969 Honda CB750???  If you were a gun collector, would you put laser sights on a WWII vintage Colt .45??  If I can find one, I'll buy a 2004-2006 GTO and put a blower on it and run the crap out of it. But I WON"T buy a numbers-matching Tri-Power,389 4-speed '65 GTO and put the LS powertrain in it!!!  That's all I was saying-so spare me the "I'll run you for pinks" with my LS monster shit. My buddy has a 9 second Nova ( with a traditional Rat Motor ) That I'll put up against anything. I don't care how fast you can make an LS motored car go-If you want one, do it-in one of the millions of '98 and later Camaros,Firebirds etc or at least one of the millions of beater '70-81 Camaros or Firebirds-just don't take a one of 943 SD-455 1974 Trans-Ams or one 2,000 1972 LT-1 Z/28's and do it. Are we clear on that, finally??  Mastermind

No comments:

Post a Comment