Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Here's your sign.....

Remember comedian Bill Engvall had the hit song "Here's your sign" about people that were so stupid they needed to carry a sign warning others of their stupidity? I hate to say it, but I've encountered quite a few lately. My personal favorites are the ones asking why I don't devote a lot of time to modern performance cars like the Shelby GT500 or SRT8 Challenger 392. I've also been asked why I don't cover stuff like Infiniti G37s, BMW M3s, and Honda S2000s. I've also been told that if Im going to write about vintage performance cars I should give equal time to Datsun 240Zs,E-Type Jags, and Porsche 914s and 911s. To all those people-"Here's your sign."  What part of "Musclecar Mastermind" did you not grasp?  Did you read where it says this site is dedicated to the preservation and restoration of 1960's and 70's musclecars? I don't recall an E-type Jag or a 240Z ever being considered a musclecar. As for modern American muscle-yes I love the cars, but if you want to read about a new Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, Charger, or whatever you can pick up any issue of Car and Driver, Motor Trend, Road and Track, or go on the the net for the online tests. That's why 90% of what I talk about it is duh-related to old musclecars. I'm reminded a few years back Playboy had a special edition called "Barefoot Beauties".  One idiot wrote in and asked why it didn't have any pictures of the Playmates wearing high heels or boots!  Here's your sign...... Mastermind

No comments:

Post a Comment