Saturday, July 2, 2011

Want a deal? Buy a car that some Idiot passed up!

I'm amazed at the number of people I talk to that complain they can't find a car they want, and then watch them pass up all kinds of cool stuff. I'm not talking Hemi Cudas here, but stuff that you don't see every day that a lot of other people would like. A few examples-I know a guy that wanted a GTO that didn't buy a 350 / 4-speed 1970 LeMans convertible. To me this was a cool ride. He passed on it, and now says- "I should have bought that" whenever we see the happy new owner tooling around.  Another idiot that has lusted after my 1973 Hurst / Olds for years didn't buy a white and gold 455 powered, 1972 Hurst / SSJ Pontiac Gran Prix!.  And the GP was reasonably priced and in good shape!  A guy I know that owns a used car lot that dabbles in musclecars occasionally said he actually had trouble selling a pristine 1969 Pontiac Firebird, because it was a 350 instead of a 400, and had the same problem with a 1972 Chevelle SS 350. Everyone that looked at it turned up their nose because it wasn't a big-block. Finally someone with a clue bought it for a great price. Great enough, that they could swap in a Rat if they wanted to! He took a 1974 400 / 4-speed, LeMans GT to an auction because it didn't sell on the lot!!  Another fool didn't buy a clean "California Special" 1968 Mustang Coupe because the 390 had a two-barrel on it!!  What is wrong with people?  If your looking for a musclecar bargain, grab one of these rides that people pass up stupidly.  Mastermind       

No comments:

Post a Comment