Monday, August 12, 2013

What part of "Musclecar Mastermind" doesn't sink in?....

Got some e-mails from people deriding me for omitting their favorites from my list of greatest movie chases. I'm not omitting them, and I agree that some of these top the ones I listed. Here's a few examples. #1. "Against All Odds". Not really a chase, more of a buddy-buddy race between Jeff Bridges and James Woods. Woods is driving a Ferarri 328 GTS, Bridges is driving a Porsche 911SC and they race through so cal traffic. Legendary stunt coordinator Carey Loftin drove the Ferarri. Great action with great cars, no CGI. # 2. "Ronin" Awesome chase with Robert DeNiro ( or his stunt-double ) piloting a Audi A6 with nitrous down narrow European streets. # 3. "To Live and Die in L.A."  Awesome chase the wrong-way down the LA freeway. William Peterson ( "CSI" ) kicks ass in a Caprice cop car, while his terrified partner whines from the back seat. # 4. "The French Connection" Gene Hackman actually did the stunt-driving chasing a subway train through the streets of New York. These were all exciting, realistic chases. Except- I don't consider a Ferarri 328, a Porsche 911, an Audi A6, a 4-dr '86 Caprice or a 4 dr '71 Tempest a Musclecar!!  This site is about '60s and '70's musclecars. Thus, a chase with an Audi or a Ferarri and a Porsche wouldn't be on my list!!  Ditto for the "Transporter" movies where Jason Statham drives either a BMW 733I or an Audi A8. For me to rank it, it has to feature American Muscle Cars. Just had to vent that. Mastermind

No comments:

Post a Comment