Thursday, February 24, 2011

No you didn't!!!

I have owned many rare cars, and i know people who own ultra-rare cares, and we get sick of Idiots swearing that they or a friend or relative of theirs "Had one just like that." I have a 1973 Hurst / Olds. One of 1,097 ever built. I have talked to at least 500 people who swear they "had one just like that."  It's not possible. These morons may at one time have owned a two-door 1973 Cutlass, but I guarantee they did not have a Hurst/Olds with the L77 455, swivel captain's chairs, Hurst Dual/Gate shifter, digital tach, Hurst Super Air shocks, etc.  Ditto for some of my friends. One guy I know has a 1970 429 SCJ Torino Cobra. It has the blacked out "Shaker" hood, the rear window louvers, everything. Hundrerds of people tell him they had one "just like it."  No, you had a 1970-71 Torino or Fairlane coupe with a 351. I would bet my house, that none of these jerks had a 429 SCJ Torino Cobra!! My two personal favorites are the numerous morons that looked at a friends 1969 Boss 302 and made that claim. Ford built 1603 Boss 302's that year. How is it then, that every Tom, Dick , or Harry, that wanders into a car show had one? A fastback 69-70 Mustang, ok. But a Boss 302?  I think not. The other one is a buddy's 1978 "Macho T/A." These cars got a lot of press back in the day from the buff magazines, but Dennis and Kyle Mecham only produced about 300 of these cars per year from 1977-79. They have a "Cult' following to this day-there are even websites devoted to them. Since Pontiac sold about 280,000 T/A's in those 3 years, there's a fair chance that this yahoo might have owned a T/A of that vintage, but I seriously-like 99.99 percent seriously-doubt that these car show lookee-loos actually had one of the 8-900 of these cars ever built!!  I think their jealous and are trying to "show" the cars owner- "Hey buddy-you don't have anything special".  Or maybe show their pal or the woman with them, "Hey- I'm just as cool as that guy." "I had a badass car once."  I mean if you said you dated Angelina Jolie before she met Brad Pitt no one would believe you, so you don't say it. And if you had, you'd damn sure produce old pictures or a letter or card she'd written to you to prove it!! Guys don't brag that they had sex with Eva Longoria before she hit it big on "Desperate Housewives" because you sound like an idiot. Yet they think it's perfectly ok to lie about having owned a "Moon Rock" of a car. Why don't you say you walked on the moon before Neil Armstrong while your telling me about the Hemi Cuda convertible you bought for 500 bucks!! Arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!! Just had to vent that. Mastermind

No comments:

Post a Comment