Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Ghosts of Past postings.......

Funny thing about the internet-like people warn women who post provocative pictures of themselves-once somethings on there, it's on there forever. Got a bunch of spittingly hysterical emails regarding something I posted like two years ago. I was talking about some of the musclecars I had owned and the fun I had with them. Didn't know that stating a fond memory could arouse such anger. I love these people-if something early in a post rubs you the wrong way, stop reading and vent your anger immediately, and be sure to use f-bombs and other profanity so we know your serious. If the writer responds with proof that you are wrong-i.e.-by citing a sentence or paragragh you failed to read or producing a window sticker, build sheet, 1/4 mile timeslip or a factory service manual or magazine road test-you are under no obligation to apologize. You can simply slink away until you want to spew profanity on someone else who says something you don't agree with.  Anyway I think everyone will find these entertaining. Bile spewer # 1's problem was he didn't believe that my GTO Judge could have beaten my buddy's Six-Pack Super Bee in a drag race. He said I lived on "Fantasy Island" because I stated that my GTO-that had a 12:1 compression 400 with ported RAIII heads, a Cam with 337 advertised duration and .550 lift, roller rockers, Hooker headers and an Offy Dual-Quad intake with two 750 AFBs on it backed by a Rock-Crusher 4-speed and a 4.33 geared 12 bolt posi with Lakewood ladder bars and N50-15 Mickey Thompson soft-compund tires ran off and left my pal's bone-stock 440 Six-Pack Super Bee that had a Torqueflite, 3.23:1 gears and GR70-15 Sears radials on it. Yeah, I made that one up!! Because we all know that a Pontiac can't outrun a Mopar under ANY circumstances right?  He also had trouble believing that my brother's GTO that has the Edelbrock Performer RPM package-which Edelbrock claims 422 hp from-and weighs 3,731 lbs-could not possibly have beaten a 5,700 lb SRT-10 Crew-Cab pickup in a drag race.  This clown probably has a Dodge Ram pickup with the rubber testicles hanging off the rear differential and a sticker of Calvin ( From "Calvin and Hobbes" fame ) pissing on a Ford or Chevy logo.  Bile Spewer # 2. was pissed because I said back in the '80's my 403 Olds powered '77 Trans-Am never got beat by a 5.0 Mustang. He said I was dreaming if I thought that a "16 second" "Smog Dog" could beat a mighty 5.0 'Stang. He must have missed the part where I said the T/A had headers and real dual exhausts on it as well as a Holley Street Dominator intake, a custom jetted Carb Shop Quadrajet and a TransGo shift kit in the TH350, which allowed it to run a best of 14.78 and would run 14.9's all day even in 90 degree heat. He also must have missed the part where I cited Road Tests of Mustangs from 1987-93-which everyone agrees are the best preformaing "5.0's"-better than the carburated '82-'86 models. Hot Rod had the fastest one with a 14.72-Road and track had the slowest one with a 15.29.  Doubtless you can do the math and see that my T/A's 1/4 mile time falls right in line with those figures. He also must have missed where I stated that Hot Rod ran the 14.72 by slipping the clutch and walking the Mustang off the line at 1,800 rpm and short shifting at 4,900 rpm to avoid excessive wheelspin and take full advantage of the 302's tractor-like torque curve. I also said Most Mustang drivers I knew popped the clutch at 3 grand, incinerated the tires for 200 feet or more, and powershifted at 5,500 rpm, which while creating a great spectacle of noise and tire smoke, wasn't conducive to good 60- foot or 1/4 mile times, and while my automatic, positraction T/A would spin the tires for maybe 30 feet and once I got a two car length lead, with 100 extra cubes under the hood, they couldn't get it back. But obviously that's a completely impossible scenario right?  Bile Spewer # 3 was pissed off because I said I had fun tormenting little boys in their rice-rockets like Subaru WRX's with my Chevy powered Hurst / Olds. He dropped several f-bombs saying there's no way in hell that could happen. I guess he didn't read the part where I metioned that Hot Rod ran a 12.44 with their ZZ4 powered Chevelle that had 4.30:1 gears. a 3,500 rpm converter and slicks., and that even if my ZZ4-powered Cutlass-which weighs roughly the same as a Chevelle and has 4.10:1 gears, a 2,500 rpm converter and 255/60R15 drag radials on it was a FULL second slower than the Hot Rod test mule it would still be running 13.40's-which is still a FULL second faster ( 10 car lengths ) than the 14.4 that Car and Driver's pre-2008 224 Hp WRX ran and 4 tenths quicker ( 4 car lengths ) than the 13.8 that the 305 hp 2009 STI model ran. This clown offered to run me for pinks with his nitrous-fed 2005 GTO. That's logic-I'l defend the honor of stock Japanese cars with my modified American Musclecar.  This guy is probably the genius that wrote to Playboy and asked why their "Barefoot Beauties " magazine didn't have the girls wearing boots or high heels in any of the pictures. Here's your sign.  Anyway-I thought it was funny that I'm getting hate mail from something I posted 2 years ago. Mastermind    

No comments:

Post a Comment